1.6.0 Release Note
- VDA: use NV12 as default format. Support 0 copy. Better performance than any other playrs
- CUDA: fix wrong bitstream filters
- PBO support (enable by enviroment var QTAV_PBO=1)
- rectangle texture support
- packed yuv formats support
- Support buffer progress, buffer value control
- Support frame rate setup (AVPlayer::setFrameRate())
- Support RAW streams, such as h264, yuv
- Audio filter support
- Better libavfilter support. Now support libav avfilter, support audio filters from libavfilter
- Add pulseaudio support
- Detect volume change by per-app volume control
- Simplify audio output API
- Volume and mute control by audio backend API
- Use float audio sample if possible
- Fix iOS static link error
- Fix error handling, EOF detect, Qt4.7 build etc.
- Deploy: add qml, fix lib name, deploy sdk from installer, mingw deployment on linux.
- decoder detail
- more options: preview config, buffer, fps, timeout
- unregister context menu(win32) if uninstalled, ifw2.0
- QMLPlayer file associate for android
- Fix QMLPlayer package can not run on OSX
The Most Efficient VDA Decoder
Now QtAV is able to use VDA decoder without data readback (zero copy). So the performance is better. It is already used by other players, such as mpv, xbmc. But QtAV does better than them.
All other players use UYVY format as Apple tell us. I tried NV12 and find we can get better performance than UYVY. I told mpv developers about this and they have confirmed.
Now QtAV use NV12 as default format for VDA decoder.
Deploy SDK on Windows and Linux
Now you can install QtAV sdk without building QtAV yourself. Just download the installer, and run
sdk_deploy.sh or sdk_deploy.bat. But you have to use the same Qt version as QtAV used.
About Released Binary Packages